April 2, 2019
Members Excused: Delores Skarban, Erica Silva
Opening Prayer/Reading: Bruce Varick ... [John 8:1-11]
Approval of Minutes for: Pastoral Council [02/05/19]; Parish Life [02/11/19]; Welcoming [01/20/19]; Worship [2/18/19 – approved as written under Consent Agenda
Commission Reports: Late arrivals - Finance [03/08/19]; Human Concerns [03/24/19] – Approved as is (except for spelling of one PC Member’s name on Finance Minutes).
- Statuary balloting - All rated sheets, handed in to Dan to be passed to Renovation Committee.
- Vincent de Paul – Review of Dennis Hartigan’s suggestion sheet. Discussion of items presented resulted in the question: Is this a viable clear NEED, as opposed to a WISH. How do these items fit into our Mission Statement, as opposed to other ‘needs’ currently being handled by all the commissions and committees currently being addressed? Presented items are not being dismissed, but put on ‘hold’ for the time being - should they become a legitimate need.
Santisimo Sacramento report: Referencing the Human Concerns Commission Minutes of March, Andrew reported that tickets to Santisimo, Sacramento have already been purchased by Dennis and Donna Horrigan, Andrew and his daughter. There are a number of others interested in going, as well. A good prospect for the next mission trip. Dan indicated that there is a new family in the parish and the mother is a Spanish teacher and would probably be willing to help with needed translations in the future.
Parish Director’s Report:
- Birthday & Anniversary announcements - After discussions and the PC Members with Dan, it was decided to continue the program as is.
- Renovation – Nine ‘team leaders’ have been chosen to form a team of 10 other parishioners to act as ‘contacts’ with all contributing parish members, to encourage participation in the Capital Campaign that is coming to support the renovation process. This calling is to take place during the week of April 15th.The Advanced Commitment Phase of the Campaign will begin after Easter. Leadership Gift Stage will be the first step, followed by packets being distributed on May 4th and 5th. Packet/commitment forms will be returned/collected May 18th and 19th.
- Hospitality - Fact: Volunteers to assist in keeping this program going are just NOT THERE. It was decided to let the program go static, to ascertain parishioner feedback. During this time, each PC Member was requested to speak with at least 3-4 parishioners to get concerns over the cessation of ‘donut Sunday’. Another point brought to the table was the possibility of having a once-a-month Pancake Sunday where funds could be raised for the Santisimo Sacramento Mission Trips, and/or other ‘needs’ within the parish. Will be revisited at next month’s PC Meeting.
- Presentation by Delores, given in March - The decision for discussion was pushed forward to May’s meeting, as Delores was not in attendance tonight.
- Discernment update - Roger B. handed out a list of possible candidates for nomination for the four vacant PC positions (three are for three years, one is for one year). Nomination forms will be put out at all Masses the weekend of April 27th & 28th. Bruce will speak at all Masses on behalf of the PC and the discernment process. Discernment is scheduled for Wednesday, May 29th at 6:00 PM in the church hall.
- Feast Day - This celebration will be upon us before you know it, and we are requested by the Chair to begin considerations for this event. Discussions will be carried forward to next month’s meeting.
Adjournment: 8:06 PM
Next Agenda/Executive Meeting: 04/23/19;
Next Meeting Date/Reading: 05/07/19 – Andrew Weisensel [John 10:27-30]
Submitted by: Judith Freimark, Secretary