November 5, 2019
Members: All present
Opening Prayer/Reading: Ed Pings ... [Luke 19:1-10]
Consent Agenda Approval of Minutes for all commissions and PC Minutes (10-01-2019) - approved as written with two exceptions: Renovation and Human Concerns which were to be discussed separately.
Fr. Bob’s Report:
- Affirmed Fred Hang’s hiring as Pastoral Associate for St. James.
- The Renovation Committee will meet with Archdiocesan Building Commission on 12/12/3019 at 1:15 to go forward with the renovation project.
- The Diocese with the help of a grant received from the Lily Foundation, is planning on surveying all parishes within the diocese. Each parish is to determine the best method of completing the procedure within their own parish.
- Cost estimates for renovation budget has been revised for electrical work; costs are still pending for the chairs, pews, statuary and windows.
- A meeting was held with the Gilbertson's Stained-Glass Co. in Lake Geneva regarding the creation of the planned replacement window for our worship place during the renovation process...a total of 10 windows in all are planned.
Human Concerns/ERAS: Andrew W.
ERAS (engage, relate, advocate, support) of Waukesha County has now become the official umbrella for Interfaith of Milwaukee County. Tom Rowe of ERAS has offered to speak at one of the PC meetings to explain the program going forward. All agreed that either Jan. or Feb. would work best.
Welcoming Committee: Will no longer be an active committee. the staff will proceed to form a new “letter of welcome” and develop a more cohesive ‘packet’ for new parishioners.
Hospitality Sunday: Has been reinstated as a once a month event. It will be offered after each of the Masses on Sunday. The first installment of this celebration will be on Sunday November 10th; newer menu item other than donuts will be offered. Each month will be sponsored by a different Commission with the PC being the first in December. Parishioner support will be requested to assist on these days.
Common Meeting Night: Will be held on December 3rd at 6:00 PM in the church hall. The proposed format was discussed and will be finalized by Bruce prior to our meeting on the 3rd. All Commission Chairs and all members will be invited to attend; this will not replace each Commission’s regularly scheduled monthly meeting.
Old Business: N/A
New Business: N/A
Closing Prayer and Adjournment @ 8:05 PM
Next Agenda/Executive Meeting: 11/19/19 @ 4:30 PM – Parish Office
Next Meeting Date/Time: 12/04/19 @ 6:30 PM – Rm. 2
Next Reading taken from: 12/08/19 – Andrew Weisensel [Matt 3:1-12]
Submitted by: Judith Freimark, Secretary